SOCIO-ECONOMIC RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT CENTRE (SERDEC) VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Socio-Economic Research and Development Centre (SERDEC) is a non-governmental, non- profit research and development organization that operates to promote social accountability and strengthen democratic governance through stakeholder engagements. We are implementing a PacFAH@ Scale Project to catalyze action toward adequate provision for family planning, Routine immunization, Child Killer Diseases and Primary Health Care under One Roof (PHCOUR) and looking for talented people with a track record of high performance and passion for impacting lives to join our vibrant team under our PACFaH@Scale Project in Niger State.
Applications are hereby invited for the following positions
• Project Director
• Program Officer
• Monitoring &Evaluation Officer
• Finance/ Accountant
• IT/Media Officer (Intern)
Location: Minna, Niger State.
- Project Director
The Project Director will be responsible for strategic direction and implementation of the project. He/She will provide overall leadership, technical and strategic management for the project.
Assist in effective planning and monitoring of project activities; Support work-planning for project activities; develop and maintain activity tracking sheets to ensure activities are on track and delivered on budget.
Support project qualitative and quantitative research efforts, including supporting the management of data collection, data analysis and use of results, ensuring results are disseminated as necessary.
Actively participate in all work plan meetings, trainings, and programme activities, provide overall program leadership and management of program activities and coordinate liaison with state actors, dRPC, other partner organizations and other civil society organizations
Work with key program staff and stakeholders to ensure accomplishment of program’s objectives and results and meeting expected technical quality standards.
Provide strategic leadership; ensure effective and transparent use of financial resources for timely and informative reporting in line with donor policies and procedures.
• Master’s in Public Health, Social work, Community Development Studies or any in Social Science/related field.
• Minimum of Ten (10) years of experience in community development work preferably in the health sector.
• Program and Management leadership experience.
• Knowledge of quality improvement approaches is strongly desired.
• Excellent writing and verbal communication skills and experience working with other implementing partners
• Good analytical skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc).
- Program Officer
The Program Officer will provide technical assistance and support to programs. He/She will Prepare, coordinate reviews, edit, and disseminate project-related reports and documents, including program strategies, progress updates, and other documents and reports.
The Program Officer will: Collect, complies, and analyzes information relevant to programs while ensuring compliance with internal and external regulations.
• Prepare weekly and monthly narrative reports of field activities and capture success stories and case studies.
• Monitors budget for programs with adherence and develop a monitoring system for reviewing project status.
• Develops/Reviews work plans, prepares presentations, and supports other related program objectives and deliverables
• Assist in developing and monitoring annual work plans and budgets, as well as associated deliverables and results/outputs.
• Developing and maintaining the data bank and photo gallery of the project activities and carry out administrative duties as assigned by the Project Director.
• BA/BSc in Public Health, Social Science or any other related field.
• At least five (4) years of progressively responsible experience in designing, managing and implementing health-related projects.
• Experience in doing literature searches/desk review of documents to tease out relevant information for evidence-based decision making.
• Proficiency in writing reports in English and communicating results clearly using graphs, charts, and other visuals.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for diversity.
• Capability to create strong partnerships among all program stakeholders.
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment.
• Proficiency with MS office software required (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
The Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (M&E Officer) will support the program team in Monitoring and Evaluating the Project activities He/She will conduct and lead the data management for surveys, assessments and other data collection methods, including required data processing.
• Support the program team in monitoring all activities throughout the project cycle, assist in planning and carrying out project evaluations and participate in program reviews
• Report results of M&E activities by providing written documentation about progress toward achieving indicators/targets, as appropriate
• Lead efforts at project location to monitor and evaluate project interventions, document results and provide feedback to stakeholders to guide decision-making
• Support targeted evaluations and operations research, including design, data collection, management and analysis
• Develop data collection methods and tools to support the program team in – among others – needs assessment, base- or end line surveys, KAP surveys as well as output and outcome monitoring and evaluation
• Produce monthly, quarterly & annual reports, establish a well-structured filing system and ensure documentation systems to safeguard documents on physical and digital archives are in place.
• Support the team in properly documenting all implementation-related processes including keeping beneficiary files and participant lists up-to-date as well as filing all support documents (correspondence, contacts etc.)
• Process and design/review M&E information products, simplifying and communicating their implications.
• At least a Bachelor’s degree/HND in Sciences or other related fields
• 2 years of relevant experience working with NGOs
• Excellent written and spoken English
• Strong communications (written, oral and presentation) skills
• Demonstrated strengths in analytical skills, monitoring and evaluation, and report writing
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
• Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative M&E methods
• Knowledge of relevant evaluation model/tools
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, database programs and statistical software
- Finance / Account Officer
The Finance and Account Officer shall be in charge of the financial management and transaction of the project. He / She will ensure that the principle of accountability, openness and transparency is adhered to in the implementation of the project.
• Ensure proper preparation of payment vouchers, invoices and follow SERDEC- PAS policies on payment procedures.
• Ensure proper documentation of all retirements and third-party payments.
• Ensure accurate preparation of bank reconciliation.
• Enter all payments received from suppliers, vendors
• Post payments to appropriate accounts and maintain logs of daily receipts
• Maintain petty cash logs, receipts and balances on a daily basis
• Ensure that daily, weekly & monthly financial reports are ready within timeline
• Manage daily balancing and reconciling of office accounts and handle daily bank deposits
• Scanning of all the finance documents and ensuring that soft copies are archived.
• Possess a first Degree or equivalent in Accounting or any related field of study.
• Must have three (3) years post NYSC experience in a related or similar position.
• Registration, including student membership, with a professional body (ACA or ACCA, ICAN) or other professional bodies will be an added advantage
• Must have very strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills including a high level of tact, diplomacy, a collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality.
• Must have demonstrable integrity, adherence to accountability and ability to work under pressure and produce results.
• Must have demonstrated proficiency using intermediate level office software applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, spreadsheets and database
Application Closing Date: 5.00PM, April 5th, 2019.
How To Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.